June 29, 2010

Dhone Pata Chicken -- Coriander Chicken

For a while I had been busy with exams, exams and exams! Sigh, done with take-out and pizza for the next few months. My palette had been screaming to be gentle to it for a while now, and my closet kept looking more organized with fewer clothes on the racks as my waistline kept growing (another story altogether)! I couldn't believe I had been religiously sticking to my diet for the past couple of days and that prompted me to learn some new  low carb, low fat Indian chicken dishes. The recipe below is from a blogger whose runs the website called Bong Mom's Cookbook , great site for fish and chicken dishes from Bengal. She seems like a quick fix cook like me. I will try and post pictures next time I make this dish. Today was a spur of the moment cooking session.

Method:

Marinade:  Take 1- 1 1/2 lb chicken tighs or bone in chicken pieces. Marinade with 2 tbsp lemon juice+ 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Keep aside for 30 mins.
In a pan heat  2 tbsp oil. Add 2 red chilis broken. Add around 1 tsp of panch poran powder ( a type of mixed spice powder). Stir for 1-2 mins. Add 5-6 red onions diced. Fry till they are transparent. Add 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix well. Add a large diced tomato. In a blender make a paste of 1/3 cup coriander leaves + 4 large garlic cloves + 1/4 inch ginger +2 green chilies. Add this paste to the pan. Mix well. Add 1 tbsp coriander powder + 1tsp cummin powder. add the marinaded chicken. Mix well. Add salt. Add 1 cup chopped coriander leaves. Cover and cook till done.

Enjoy!

No comments: