July 25, 2010

Blackened Catfish Fry

I was introduced to southern barbecue and soul food like catfish fry, creamed spinach and corn bread by my husband when we lived in Knoxville, Tennessee before moving to California. Though I am not a fan of barbecue (huge pieces of meat don't excite me!), I love their catfish fry and other stuff. Since frying is not my forte, I wanted to do something similar with catfish -- that's when I came across this house blend of Cajun Seasoning at Whole Foods. It tastes great on catfish. I shallow fry the fish 6 mins on each side and serve it just by itself or with some steamed veggies on the side. I wish I knew how to make tartar sauce. 




Season catfish fillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Rub the Cajun Seasoning well on both sides. Heat oil in a pan. Drizzle some olive oil. Add catfish. Lower heat to medium. Cook 6-7 mins on each. Squeeze some lemon juice. Eat hot.


Enjoy!

No comments: