August 12, 2010

Curried Prawns in Coconut Milk


Today in the middle of my studies I had this unbearable craving to have something Thai. I realized that just yesterday I had bought a bag of frozen prawns from Whole Foods. With this basic ingredient to start with, I raided my pantry for some more Thai stuff -- found a can of light coconut milk and green curry paste. Had some peppers and onions in the fridge. And I picked basil from my kitchen garden to help me complete the dish. This dish took me just 15 mins to make and it tasted amazing. 

Bring half a can of light coconut milk to boil. Add 1 tbsp of green curry paste. Mix well. Simmer for 5 more mins. Add 1/2 tsp palm sugar and salt. Add the remaining milk. Now add about 15 jumbo shrimp + 15 cherry tomatoes + 1/2 cup diced bell peppers + 1/2 cup yellow onions. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 6-7 mins. Add some lime juice. Complete the dish with a garnish of generous amount of basil leaves.

Enjoy!  



1 comment:

DeannaMueller said...

Ahh, Curry. I love curry.