November 29, 2010

Black beans and Corn with Roasted Salmon

Tonight's dinner was simple and healthy! Thanks to Martha Stewart -- I adore her blog, especially all the recipes on it. I asked my hubby to pick up salmon from our nearby store on his way back from work today with the intention of making grilled salmon until I realized I did not have dill in my pantry. I browsed for some more salmon recipes and came across this one

Black beans and Corn: 

 3/4 can black beans (drain water)
1 large can corn kernels (drain water)
1 large finely diced red onion
3 large garlic diced
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 small green chilly
1/4 tsp (or less) oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions and garlic till transparent. Add the beans, corn, tomato paste, chilly. Cook for 5 mins.  Add oregano, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and mix. Sprinkle parsley. 

Courtesy: Marthastewart.com

1 comment:

SJax said...

you know know me, but i came across your recipe and thought i would try it. i have to say this is the most AMAZING recipe ever. very delicious. i will definitely be trying more of your recipes. thank you for sharing these.

sherry