August 7, 2010

Spinach Omelette

Today's dinner was very healthy. I realized that the spinach sitting in a lonely corner of my fridge was crying to be rescued. I thought of steaming it and eating it as a side. But that did not seem appetizing enough to my hungry stomach. Then suddenly I realized I can make a frittata, using some peppers, onions and tomatoes along with the spinach. However, I ended up with an omelette (read scramble!) as I was lazy to put the pan into the oven after cooking on the stove.

Heat some butter in a pan. Add finely chopped spinach + 1/2 cup diced onions + 3/4 cup diced bell peppers + mushrooms. Sauté' till the veggies are just soft (not mushy!). Now add 3 eggs that are beaten together in a bowl and seasoned with salt and pepper. Cover and cook till the eggs are cooked. Transfer on a serving plate and garnish with goat cheese crumbles. Enjoy with your favorite juice or tea/coffee.

Enjoy!

No comments: